Monday, January 29, 2018

Personal Post: Yet another false Content ID Claim: SABAM_CS

Please be sure to read, comment, spread the links, re-tweet and follow me on Twitter @OnDavidsBrain! and support me on Patreon.


 (Full disclosure not a wrestling fan just heard the catchphrase enough from people who are wrestling fans so it stuck and is far more then appropriate for this situation. Also due to the urgency of this Article the second March to Infinity Article will be moved to next week.)

 Yes ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls and that technicolor rainbow in-between we have yet another skid mark trying to make this amateur content creators life just that much worse by trying to steal what is mine. This newest blight on my life is SABAM_CS, as far as I could tell they are a copyright company operating out of Belgium and the claim in question was for Elizabeth's theme Medley from my Lets play of BioShock Infinite that has been on my channel since July 23rd 2017 which was issued to me on January 25th 2018.

Now if I were just given the option of just removing the song then no harm no foul I would not be even writing this article for you all. But as you can see here, a content claim, from a country that I'm pretty damn sure has no legal claim on this music wants to put adds that I will not be seeing a penny from.
Needless to say this smells like the same crock of shit that CoPeerRight Agency - Italy tried to tell me was Hershey's chocolate last year.
 Now I know that this whole "Lets Play" business has plenty of us walking on legal eggshells when it comes to what we do and the soundtracks that are involved, especially when it comes to BioShock Infinite and Kingdom Hearts. But I am a reasonable man I know fully well when I am in the wrong and gladly accept that. Like for example my AMV of Horizon Zero Dawn where I inserted the theme to Yor Hunter From the Future.

 Now in this case the Content claim came up immediately after the video finished uploading from the people who most likely properly owned the right to the song.

Though I did try to look up the group behind the claim and while Roba Music Verlag GmbH does indeed look like a legitimate publisher who could own the rights to the Yor theme. When I tired to look up Caburn Music all I could find was some rapper from Africa. Also I may just end up taking the thing down anyway if it doesn't get enough views, nobody gets the joke or if keeping it around is more trouble then its worth.
 Nevertheless I gladly left it alone because I knew that they could have full rights to the song I used but were willing to leave it alone for everyone to see. But not in the case with SABAM_CS if they did own the rights to Elizabeth's theme (which I'm sure they don't seeing as how they're operating in Belgium and had nothing to do with the development of BioShock Infinite) I think my big butt is once again in the right. I'll be sure to update once this whole debacle resolves, either with them ignoring the counterclaim within 30 days or the drop the false claim and I get to take yet another small but satisfying victory lap.

UPDATE: It's done, the dispute ended within 30 days, no response from these dickies little turds and thus claim is gone, I win, bye bye!

Special thanks to my Patreon backer Jesse for his support.

All rights go to their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment